Great news at the beginning of the year 2018! Two papers were just accepted: one to the CSEDU 2018 conference and another one to the International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies. The details are as follows:
- Authors: Amir Dirin and Teemu H. Laine
- Title: Towards an Adaptive Study Management Platform: Freedom through Personalization
- Conference: International Conference on Computer Supported Education
- Summary: This paper provides a concept description of a novel platform that aims to manage study and teaching activities in adaptive manner using data mining / machine learning techniques. Moreover descriptions of design and implementation of some of the platform components are also described.
- Authors: Amir Dirin, Teemu H. Laine and Ari Alamäki
- Title: Managing Emotional Requirements in a Context-Aware Mobile Application for Tourists
- Journal: International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies
- Summary: This paper discusses the importance of emotions and feelings in developing mobile applications for tourism. In particular, a study of emotional requirements of a tourism mobile application prototype is described, together with an analysis which factors are important to users operating as tourists in unknown environments.
Warm thanks to the co-authors, especially to Dr. Amir Dirin!